Who is ACTA?
Asia Cruise Terminal Association was launched on 15 Nov 2011. Ordinary Members of the association are Singapore Cruise Centre (Chairman), Shanghai Wusongkou International Cruise Terminal (1st Vice-Chairman), Jeju Special Self-Governing Province (2nd Vice-Chairman), Kanazawa Port, Keelung Port, Kobe Port, Port Klang, Sakai Port and Subic Bay.
What is the purpose of ACTA?
Its objectives are:
- Provide Members with a platform for regional cooperation in terminal development, operations and management;
- Serve as an influential alliance in increasing global market awareness of Members’ cruise terminals toward the emergence of a captivating Asia cruise playground;
- Promote and protect the interests of Members’ cruise terminals; and
- Improve the standard of and promote the Asia cruise industry at par with international standards.
What does ACTA do?
- Provide best practices in the cruise industry, and promote and assist in the development and implementation of efficient operations and methods;
- Upgrade the skills and knowledge of cruise terminal personnel;
- Promote cooperation and coordination among Members pertaining to their terminals marketing, operations and management in Asia;
- Develop and maintain close relationships with other Asian organizations, especially those of Asia cruise liners, regional or international cruise terminals, cruise-related associations, stakeholders, port agents and travel agents; and
- Undertake other activities as may be incidental or conducive to the attainment of the above objects.
Can I join ACTA?
The Association accepts Membership from the following persons:
- National cruise terminal authorities and/or country cruise terminals with the government retaining majority interest and/or corporatized or privatized cruise terminal operators shall be eligible to join the Association as Ordinary Members.
- Other cruise related agencies/cruise liners/port agents shall be eligible to join the Association as Associate Members.
- Ports managed/owned by a parent organisation with an active Ordinary Membership may be eligible to join the Association as Multi-port Members.
- State or local tourism promotion authorities that can provide tangible or intangible benefits to the Association may be offered Honorary Memberships.
- Employees, directors and office-bearers of Ordinary or Associate Members shall be eligible to join the Association as Affiliate Members.
I have some enquiries on ACTA. Who should I contact?
You may get in touch with the contact person for respective ports if your questions are port specific. The contacts are available at respective member pages . For general enquiries, please submit your questions at our GET IN TOUCH page and we will get back to you.
Alternatively, you could also register an account with us and post your enquiry on our “FORUMS” page. Click on “WELCOME GUEST’ at the top-right corner of the “FORUMS” page to register.